Let's Shop Sustainably this Winter Season!
Updated: Feb 12
By Joloe Mojica
It’s getting chilly Royals, and what better way to get ready for this frosty season than to shop ethically?
Online shopping has become the new normal during quarantine, so why not support amazing small businesses while we’re at it?
Here is a list of slow fashion companies/jewellers perfect for sharing with your friends and family!
1. Vestige Story: This collection titled “poetry” provides beautiful monochromatic clothing sets. The sizes of these clothes range from S to 3XL. Their products are 30% linen and 70% plant-based viscose. The diversity of sizes and representation of models of colour are absolutely admirable too!
“Poetry.” Vestige Story, www.vestigestory.com/collections/poetry. Accessed 12 December 2020.
2. Behind the Seams: This boutique offers BoPo (body-positivity) products made from plant-based, cruelty-free and Australian botanical ingredients. They are a brand that truly empowers women and supports ethical practices! From accessories to perfume rollers to clothes, they really seem to have it all!
Behind the Seams, behindtheseamsboutique.com.au/. Accessed 12 December 2020.
3. Dreams of Anastasia: A size-inclusive, ethical and high quality apparel company from Montreal. These comfortable pieces will keep you warm this chilly winter season! Their clothes are also eco-friendly and made with bamboo fabrics.
Dreams of Anastasia, www.dreamsofanastasia.com/shop/p/bamboo-terry-crewneck. Accessed 12 December 2020.
4. Rikya: This womenswear brand includes fun, colourful and vintage-style clothing. These streetwear inspired clothes will definitely make a statement! Originating in London, England, this couple strives for more ethically sourced apparel in mainstream fashion. Anyone can rock these beautiful unique pieces!
Rikya, riyka.com. Accessed 12 December 2020.
5. Pact: Ethical clothing does not mean expensive! This company offers a variety of affordable clothes for men, women, kids and babies. Made with Earth’s Favorite™ Fiber, Organic Cotton and partners with Fair Trade Certified™ factories. Their mission is to protect the planet and people!
Pact, https://wearpact.com/. Accessed 12 December 2020.
6. Arielle: Their products are made from milk! Who knew that we could use spoiled milk from organic dairy farms and spin it into a silky fiber? Well, this company certainly raised the bar. Their clothes are made without any chemicals using small amounts of water and nothing is wasted. Plus, this could spark such wonderful conversations! The fabric is antimicrobial, hypo-allergenic, temperature regulating and completely biodegradable. These clothes are also gender neutral.
Arielle, www.shop-arielle.com/. Accessed 12 December 2020.
Let’s help the Earth and people one step at a time! Happy shopping everyone and stay cozy!